Appendix B: Cacti Monitoring¶
This appendix will explain how to set up monitoring of multiple instances of STON using Cacti’s Graph Tree. The following two prerequisites are required.
- A server with Cacti installed
- SNMP activation (see Chapter 11. SNMP)
Using the Host Template provided by STON, the monitoring environment can easily be set up (download).
Register STON as a Cacti device.
- Input the name used for STON.
- Input STON’s IP address.
- Select “STON”.
- Select “Public”.
- Input the default port of 161.
Click the “Create” button to engage the device.
If the SNMP engagement fails:
- Check STON to make sure SNMP is enabled.
- Check to see if the SNMP port number matches STON’s SNMP port number.
If the device engagement succeeds, you can use 18 different types of graph provided by the STON template.
Click the [Create] button and check the graphs that were created.
Graph Tree Creation¶
Create Graph Trees.
You can add STON to the Graph Tree.
- Select “Host”.
- Select the devices you will add.
- Select “Graph Template”.
Select [Graphs] in the upper left side to check if the graphs are displaying correctly.